E-Rate/Universal Services Fund Information
The Universal Service Program is administered by the Schools and Libraries Division (SLD) of the Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC). This not-for-profit corporation was appointed by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to ensure that the benefits of telecommunications and Internet access services reach students and communities across the country. There are five categories of services funded: Telecommunications, Telecommunications Services, Internet Access, Internal Connections and Basic Maintenance of Internal Connections. Discounts range from 20% to 90% of the costs of eligible services, depending on the level of poverty and the urban/rural status of the population served. Eligible schools, school districts and libraries may apply individually or as a part of a consortium.
- Tammy Jones, E-Rate Consultant, firstname.lastname@example.org, or (601)825-0100 ext. 110
- Vivian Sanderford, MLC E-Rate Coordinator, email@example.com, or (601) 432-4064
- SLD Client Service Bureau: 1-888-203-8100
- Submit A Question
- E-Rate Timeline
- Mississippi Library Discounts 2015
- Contract List for Y18, FY 2015
- Website Resources List
Links for Additional Information on E-Rate/Universal Services:
- EPC Portal
- School and Libraries Division (SLD)
- E-Rate Central
- Mississippi Department of Education E-Rate
- Children’s Internet Protection Act (CIPA)
- Internet Safety Policy Template
- The Eligible Services List (ESL) for each funding year provides guidance on the eligibility of products and services under the Schools and Libraries Program. See http://www.usac.org/sl/applicants/beforeyoubegin/eligible-services-list.aspx for more information.
- All SLD forms are available for download at http://www.usac.org/sl/tools/forms.aspx. Files are available in PDF and may be printed out.
- Apply Online
- PIN Changes
- Schools and Libraries Program of the Universal Service Fund